20 May Get the Most Out of Your Allergy Appointment: What You Should Know
Get the most out of your allergy appointment! Knowing how to prepare and what questions to ask at your allergy appointment is important to help your allergist manage your symptoms and to improve your overall well-being. Here are some important things to consider beforehand and share with your allergist during your allergy appointment.
Before Your Appointment
Before your allergy appointment, it’s beneficial to fill out your forms ahead of time so you can take your time thinking about what symptoms you are experiencing, and note your past medical history and your family medical history.
Also, think about the environment you have been around recently.
- Have you been traveling?
- Spending significant time outside?
- Have you been in areas where potential allergens have been present?
It’s also important to note anything new you have been eating, applying topically to your body, or medications you are taking, and your history.
- Have you introduced anything new to your diet?
- Are you using any new topical skin care products?
- Do you have a history of food allergies or sensitivities to certain skincare products?
- Are there any new medications you have been taking or that you are allergic to?
At Your Allergy Appointment
When you are at your appointment with your allergist, the medical staff will take your vitals and your allergist will provide a full examination. When your doctor begins to discuss treatment options for your allergy or asthma-related symptoms, here are some important questions to ask your allergist to get the most out of your allergy appointment.
- What type of allergy testing is recommended?
- How are the allergy tests performed?
- What type of allergens or environmental triggers do I need to avoid?
- What else can I do at home to reduce the chance of a reaction?
- How soon will I need a follow-up appointment?
- How often will I need to come in for this type of allergy/asthma treatment?
Get the Most Out of Your Allergy Appointment with McGovern Allergy!
At McGovern Allergy & Asthma Clinic, the team of board-certified allergists are there to guide you through your allergy and asthma care and to help reduce your symptoms. In addition to allergy care, the doctors work with every patient to provide allergy and asthma education so patients can better understand their care.
Contact an allergist at McGovern Allergy & Asthma Clinic or request an appointment online. https://mcgovernallergy.com/request-an-appointment-online/